Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that unidentified gunmen opened fire on a civilian in Al-Muzayrib town in the western Daraa countryside, injuring him.
According to sources, the victim was a former opposition figure before striking a reconciliation in 2018.
This comes in light of the ongoing security chaos in Daraa province.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,294 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 944 persons, categorized as follows:
• Four anti-reconciliations local militant.
• 301 civilians, including 18 women and 26 children
• 413 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
• 158 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
• 31 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
• 37 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.