Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that unidentified gunmen have shot a former member of Daraa’s rebel factions in the area between Tasil and Edwan towns in western Daraa countryside, killing him immediately.
It is worth noting that the victim hailed from Tafs city and was a former member of “Jaish Al-Mu’taaz Billah” faction and joined Daraa Central Committee in the western countryside of Daraa, after regime forces controlled the province.
This comes in light of the ongoing security chaos in Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,295 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 945 persons, categorized as follows:
• Four anti-reconciliations local militant.
• 301 civilians, including 18 women and 26 children
• 413 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
• 158 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
• 31 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
• 37 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.