Daraa province: SOHR sources have reported that three civilians were shot dead by unknown gunmen near the headquarters of the “irrigation directorate” on the road between Al-Muzayreb and Al-Yadoudah in western Daraa.
It is worth noting that this was the second attack in Daraa province in 24 hours, as SOHR sources documented earlier today the death of a civilian and injury of three others in an explosion of unknown source in Al-Maliha Al-Sharqiyah town, east of Daraa. However, local sources reported that the explosion was caused by detonation of an IED planted earlier by unidentified individuals.
This came in light of ongoing security chaos in Daraa province.
Accordingly, the number of attacks in Daraa province since early January has risen to 24, which left 22 people: 14 civilians, seven regime-backed combatants and an individual with settled-status dead.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,320 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 966 persons, categorised as follows:
- Four local gunmen of anti-reconciliation groups.
- 317 civilians, including 18 women and 26 children
- 417 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 160 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 31 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 37 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.