Fluctuated fuel prices worsen suffering of people in Winter | SOHR sheds light on prices of oil derivates and fire logs across Syria
Amid the prevalent harsh weather across Syria, oil derivates prices differ in four areas across Syria: regime-held areas, Autonomous Administration-held areas in north and east Syria, HTS-held areas in Idlib and parts of Aleppo countryside, and the Turkish forces and its loyal factions-held areas in the countryside of Aleppo, Al-Hasakah and Al-Raqqah. The fluctuation of fuel prices has been worsening the sufferings of the people who pay the price of wars and crises while merchants of wars gain profits.
SOHR activists have listed the prices of oil derivates and fire logs in light of the difficult humanitarian conditions of the people across Syria in four areas as follows:
Areas under control of the HTS-controlled Salvation Government in north-west Syria
• Imported petrol: 0.866 USD | 11.73 TL | 3,100 SYL per litre
• Premium diesel: 0.787 USD | 10.66 TL | 2,850 SYL per litre
• High quality diesel: 0.651 USD | 8.82 TL | 2,350 SYL per litre
• Refined diesel: 0.504 USD | 6.83 TL | 1,800 SYL per litre
• Gas cylinder: 12 USD | 162.57 TL | 43,500 SYL
• Fire logs: 150 USD | 2,000 TL | 543,000 SYL per ton
Areas under control of the Turkish forces and factions of the “National Army” in the countryside of Aleppo, Al-Hasakah and Al-Raqqa
• Imported petrol: 0.81 USD | 11 TL | 2,490 SYL per litre
• Premium diesel: 0.75 USD | 10.2 TL | 2,725 SYL per litre
• High quality diesel: 0.63 USD | 8.5 TL | 2,270 SYL per litre
• Refined diesel: 0.48 USD | 6.50 TL | 1,735 SYL per litre
• Gas cylinder: 11 USD | 149.02 TL | 40,000 SYL
• Fire logs: 140 USD | 1,884 TL | 50,000 SYL per ton
Areas under control of the “Autonomous Administration” in north and east Syria
• State-subsidised diesel (available in small amounts): 410 SYL per litre.
• State-non subsidised diesel (available at duty-free stores): 750 SYL to 1,200 SYL per litre.
• Petrol mixed with other oil derivates: 3,50 SYL per litre.
• Premium petrol: 2,700 SYL per litre.
• State-subsidised cylinder: 6,000 SYL.
• Gas cylinder (available at duty-free stores): 20,000 SYL.
• Fire logs: 534,000 SYL (140 USD) per ton.
Areas under control of the regime and its foreign proxies
• State-subsidised diesel (available in small amounts): 575 SYL (0.159 USD) per litre..
• Petrol (available at duty-free stores): 3,000 SYL to 4,500 SYL (0.829 USD to 1.243 USD) per litre.
• Petrol (available at petrol stations): 2,500 SYL (0.691 USD) per litre.
• Gas cylinder (available at duty-free stores): 85,000 SYL (23.481 USD).
• State-subsidized gas cylinder: 12,000 SYL (3.315 USD).
• Fire logs: 350,000 SYL (97 USD) per ton.
SOHR notes that the prices of fuel differ from one area to another amid a lack of supervision and one pricing system even in the same area. We, at SOHR, call on the international organisations to provide aid for all the people across Syria no matter the controlling forces are and to combat the wars and crises’ merchants, and to find an immediate solution for the 11-year-old humanitarian crisis of the Syrian civilians.