Daraa security chaos | Unknown gunmen assassinate a child in western countryside
Daraa province: SOHR activists have documented the death of a 16 year-old child from Naf’a town western of Daraa, after being shot by unidentified gunmen on the road between Tafs city and Al-Mazirib town western of Daraa.
This comes in light of the ongoing security chaos in Daraa province.
Since early February, the Syrian Observatory has documented 19 incidents of killings and security instability in Daraa, leaving casualties and deaths; 12 persons were killed: six civilians and six members of the factions who had struck settlements and reconciliation deals.
Accordingly, the number of attacks in Daraa province since early January has risen to 49, which left 37 people: 21 civilians, 13 regime-backed combatants, two individuals with settled-status dead and ex-ISIS member.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,341 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 981 persons, categorised as follows:
• Four local gunmen of anti-reconciliation groups.
• 324 civilians, including 18 women and 27 children
• 418 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
• 167 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
• 31 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
• 37 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.