Seventh incident in 2022 | Baby girl found in Al-Ashrafiyah neighbourhood in Aleppo
SOHR activists have reported that residents have found a girl abandoned in front of a building entrance in Al-Ashrafiyah neighbourhood in Aleppo city.
It is worth noting that this is the seventh incident of abandonment of new-born babies since early 2022.
• January 6: A ten-month-old girl called “Rouh” was found in front of a hospital in Latakia city, and she was taken to an orphanage in Rif Dimashq.
• January 13: A 40-day-old baby was found in a box in Abi Al-Fedaa suburb in Hama city with a paper note reading that the baby was called “Fajr” and that he was a legitimate child.
• January 15: A 40-day-old baby was found in Al-Khudur neighbourhood in Homs city.
• February 22: A baby girl whose age did not exceeded a month was found in Al-Salamiyah city in Hama countryside at the entrance of a medical clinic.
• February 28: Residents found a baby girl aged a few days inside a well in Al-Bayadah neighbourhood in Homs city, after they heard her cry. The residents managed to took the baby out of the well and transferred her to Al-Basel hospital in Homs city.
• March 10: A new-born baby girl was left by a woman in the Umayyad Mosque in Damascus.
• March 11: a girl was found abandoned in front of a building entrance in Al-Ashrafiyah neighbourhood in Aleppo city.