Ongoing security chaos | Unknown assailants assassinate 4th Division member in west Daraa countryside
Daraa province: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen shot a member of the 4th Division dead on the outskirts of Kharab Al-Shahm town in western Daraa.
This coincides with the ongoing security chaos across south Syria region.
Since early 2022, the number of attacks in Daraa province has risen to 223, which left 179 people dead; and they are as follows:
· 87 civilians, including two women and four children.
· 71 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
· Ten former fighters who did not joined any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
· An ex-ISIS member.
· Seven unidentified people.
· Three militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th Corps.