SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen shot a young man dead in Al-Harrak town in the eastern countryside of Daraa. According to SOHR sources, the young man was from Nahteh town in the eastern countryside of Deir Ezzor, and he returned a few days ago from Lebanon. The assassination is believed to be carried out over retaliation.
This coincides with the ongoing security chaos across south Syria region.
Since early 2022, the number of attacks in Daraa province has risen to 224, which left 180 people dead; and they are as follows:
- 88 civilians, including two women and four children.
- 71 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
- Ten former fighters who did not joined any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
- An ex-ISIS member.
- Seven unidentified people.
- Three militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th