Second attack in 24 hours | Unknown gunmen open fire on regime forces headquarters in western Daraa
Daraa province: Reliable sources have reported SOHR that unknown gunmen open machinegun fire on a military headquarters of the regime military service in the area of Buhayrat Al-Muzayreb in the western countryside of Daraa. No casualties have been reported. It is worth noting that this is the second attack in 24 hours.
SOHR sources had reported that unidentified gunmen waged an attack on regime “Political Security” detachment and district building in Al-Muzayreb town in the western countryside of Daraa in the early hours of Thursday morning.
Violent clashes erupted between regime soldiers and attackers, amid reports of injuring regime soldiers.
According to Syrian Observatory sources, the regime’s security services stepped up their deployment in Al-Muzayreb area following the attack and brought military reinforcements of dozens of soldiers into the area.
Accordingly, since early 2022, the number of attacks in Daraa province has risen to 235, which left 191 people dead; and they are as follows:
- 93 civilians, including two women and four children.
- 77 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
- Ten former fighters who did not join any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
- An ex-ISIS member.
- Seven unidentified people.
- Three militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th Division.