Fifth crime in regime-held areas in June | Elderly man shot dead in Yabroud city, western Qalamoun, Rif Dimashq
SOHR sources have reported a new murder took place in areas controlled by Syrian regime, when an elderly person in Yabroud city, western Qalamoun in Rif Dimashq was killed.
According to SOHR sources, two masked people knocked on the door of the man’s house, near Al-Faruq Mosque and shot him directly, immediately killing him.
It is worth noting that the dead man is a retired employee in Yabroud farming and was a taxi driver in Yabroud city and is from the north-western Syrian province of Idlib.
Accordingly, the number of crimes in regime-held areas since early June has risen to five. These murders left five people dead; they are distributed regionally as follows:
• Latakia: A female doctor and a man.
• Hama: A girl.
• Homs: A jeweller.
• Rif Dimashq: An elderly person.
Here are further details of the murders:
• June 7: A female doctor known by his initials as Th. Y. was stabbed to death with a sharp tool in her house, after her money had been stolen in Al-Salybiyah neighbourhood in Latakia.
• June 9: June 9: A civilian was found dead, after having been slaughtered, in Salanfah city in Latakia countryside. The preliminary investigations suggest the crime’s motive is theft.
• June 11: A girl was found dead after being beaten with stones on her head, which lead to kull fractures and smashing of her head, in Talkhaznah village regime held areas in eastern Hama countryside.
• June 12: A young man, a goldsmith, died and his mother was injured, as unidentified gunmen opened fire on them in Rastan city in the northern countryside of Homs.
Since early 2022, The Syrian Observatory has documented 73 murders in regime-controlled areas, where domestic violence and armed robbery were behind some of these murders, while motivations behind the others remained unknown. These murders left 15 children, 11 women and 49 men dead. The fatalities are distributed regionally as follows:
• A young lady and three men in Damascus.
• Five children, two old man, two women and six men in Rif Dimashq.
• Two men and two women in Tartus.
• A man and a woman in Latakia.
• Four men, a baby and three ladies in Hama.
• An old woman, a young lady, a little girl, an infant, a little boy and 16 young and adult men in Al-Suwaidaa.
• Three men and a young man in Deir Ezzor.
• Two civilians in Al-Raqqah.
• A man and a baby in Aleppo.
• Four men and four children in Daraa.
• Four men and a little girl in Homs.