Death toll update | Two regime soldiers killed in IED explosion in Daraa
Daraa province: SOHR activists have documented the death of a regime officer ranked lieutenant affected by the wounds he sustained due to an IED explosion on the highway between Jamla and Ain Zakar towns near Nowa city western of Daraa, raising the casualties to two.
Earlier today, SOHR activists reported that an IED exploded in a car of a prominent regime officer on the road between the towns of Jamalah and Ain Zakr near Nawa city, west of Daraa, leaving the officer dead and his escort injured.
According to Syrian Observatory sources, the officer is from Al-Qardaha city in Latakia and is in charge of several checkpoints and military positions of regime forces on the border strip between Syria and Jordan.
Since early 2022, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 259, which left 213 people dead; and they are as follows:
• 103 civilians, including two women and four children.
• 88 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
• 11 former fighters who did not join any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
• An ex-ISIS member.
• Seven unidentified people.
• Three militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th Corps.