Second incident in hours | Unidentified gunmen shoot young man dead in Daraa
Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that unidentified gunmen have shot a young man dead in Da’il city in the middle countryside of Daraa.
According to reliable SOHR sources, the victim was accused of “dealing in drugs in the residential neighbourhoods of the area”.
On June 24, SOHR activists documented the death of a young man, after being shot by unknown gunmen in Nafaa town in western Daraa.
The victim had been an arms dealer, before he struck a reconciliation deal when regime forces captured the province.
Since early 2022, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 263, which left 216 people dead; and they are as follows:
• 106 civilians, including two women and four children.
• 88 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
• 11 former fighters who did not joined any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
• An ex-ISIS member.
• Seven unidentified people.
• Three militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th Corps.