Rising tension | Casualties in clashes between regime forces and opponents in town in western Daraa
SOHR sources have reported that patrol of regime forces stormed Al-Yadoudah town in the western countryside of Daraa this early morning and surrounded a house where a former commander of opposition faction lives in. Violent clashes erupted between regime forces on one hand, and the commander, who had refused to leave to north Syria regime, his escort and other opposition members from the town on the other. The clashes left the commander’s escort dead and members on both sides injured. Moreover, the indiscriminate gunfire injured several civilians, including a woman.
It is worth noting that the house of this commander in Tafas city in western Daraa was detonated with landmines on July 17. The explosion then caused the death of the commander’s wife.
Since early 2022, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 308, which left 266 people dead; and they are as follows:
- 129 civilians, including three women and five children.
- 113 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
- 13 former fighters who did not joined any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
- An ex-ISIS member.
- Seven unidentified people.
- Three militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th