Second attack today and fourth in 48 hours | Turkish drone targets vehicle on road linking Al-Qamishly and Al-Malkiyah (Direk)
SOHR activists have reported that a Turkish drone targeted a car on the road linking Al-Qamishly and Al-Malkiyah (Direk) in areas of the “Autonomous Administration” in Al-Hasakah, leaving casualties.
It is worth noting that this is the second aerial shelling today and the fourth in 48 hours.
Earlier today, SOHR sources reported that a Turkish drone fired two missiles on the surrounding areas of a regime military post in Zor Maghar village in the western countryside of Ain Al-Arab (Kobani), east of Aleppo in the early hours of Friday morning. However, no casualties were reported.
Yesterday, a Turkish drone hit SDF military vehicle in Kaira village, about 40 kilometres from Syria-Turkey border, south-west of Al-Qamishli city, leaving SDF fighters wounded, according to Syrian Observatory sources.
Meanwhile, two SDF members died of wounds sustained in an attack by a Turkish drone at the entrance to a tunnel within a tree reserve near “SDF” academy, in the countryside of Ain Al-Arab (Kobani) east of Aleppo
Accordingly, the number of attacks carried out by Turkish drones on areas controlled by the “Autonomous Administration in northern and north-eastern Syria, AANES” since early 2022 has reached 38. These attacks left 24 people dead, including two children and six women, and over 74 others injured. Here is a monthly distribution of attacks by Turkish drones in 2022:
• January: Three attacks left three people dead and 13 others injured.
• February: Ten attacks killed eight people, including two children and a young female fighter, and injured 21 others.
• March: Two attacks injured two people.
• April: 11 attacks left six people dead, including three women, and 19 others injured.
• May: Four attacks left three people dead, including a woman, and seven others injured.
• June: Three attacks left a combatant dead and five others injured.
• July: Five attacks left three SDF members dead and seven others injured.