Death toll update | Three members of Women’s Protection killed by Turkish drones on road linking Al-Qamishly and Al-Malkiyah
SOHR activists have documented the death of three women of Women’s Protection Units, where a Turkish drone targeted their car on the road linking between Al-Qamishly and Al-Malkiyah (Direk) in Al-Hasakah province, moreover other people were injured by shrapnel while they were passing in the area.
A few hours ago, SOHR activists reported that a Turkish drone targeted a car on the road linking Al-Qamishly and Al-Malkiyah (Direk) in areas of the “Autonomous Administration” in Al-Hasakah, leaving casualties.
It is worth noting that this was the second aerial shelling today and the fourth in 48 hours.
Accordingly, the number of attacks carried out by Turkish drones on areas controlled by the “Autonomous Administration in northern and north-eastern Syria, AANES” since early 2022 has reached 38. These attacks left 27 people dead, including two children and nine women, and over 74 others injured. Here is a monthly distribution of attacks by Turkish drones in 2022:
• January: Three attacks left three people dead and 13 others injured.
• February: Ten attacks killed eight people, including two children and a young female fighter, and injured 21 others.
• March: Two attacks injured two people.
• April: 11 attacks left six people dead, including three women, and 19 others injured.
• May: Four attacks left three people dead, including a woman, and seven others injured.
• June: Three attacks left a combatant dead and five others injured.
• July: Five attacks left six people dead and seven others injured.