Fresh drone attack | Turkish drone strikes kill four people in Al-Qamishli vicinity
SOHR activists have reported a new Turkish drone on areas controlled by the “Autonomous Administration in northern and north-eastern Syria, AANES, when two Turkish drone strikes hit the vicinity of the United Nations “COVID” hospital in the vicinity of Qamishli city in Al-Hasakah province.
Turkish drone attack left four unidentified people dead, amid reports of more casualties.
It is worth noting that the area hit by Turkish drone host a market, civilian homes and a fuel station.
Accordingly, the number of attacks carried out by Turkish drones on areas controlled by the “Autonomous Administration in northern and north-eastern Syria, AANES” since early 2022 has reached 50. These attacks left three civilians, including two children, and 37 combatants, including two children and 13 females and four unidentified men, dead, while over 77 others sustained various injuries. Here is a monthly distribution of attacks by Turkish drones in 2022:
• January: Three attacks left three people dead and 13 others injured.
• February: Ten attacks killed eight people, including two children and a young female fighter, and injured 21 others.
• March: Two attacks injured two people.
• April: 11 attacks left six people dead, including three women, and 19 others injured.
• May: Four attacks left three people dead, including a woman, and seven others injured.
• June: Three attacks left a combatant dead and five others injured.
• July: Three attacks left a civilian and 13 combatants, including seven women, dead and ten others injured.
• August: Eight attacks left two children, four unidentified men and three SDF fighters dead.