Rising Shia’a activity in Syria | Iranian-backed militias hold mourning ceremony for Imam Hussein in Al-Mayadeen amid tightened security measures
Deir Ezzor province: SOHR activists in Al-Mayadeen city, Iranian colony, west of Euphrates region have reported that the security square area in Al-Tamou neighbourhood is witnessing mourning ceremonies held to commemorate the martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Hussein.
This mourning gathering was attended by the senior commander of Iranian-backed militia leaders in Deir Ezzor, headed by:
1. Al-Haji Hassan, Adjutant General of Iranian-backed militias in Al-Mayadeen.
2. Al-Haji A’skar, Commander-in-Chief of the Iranian-backed militia in Al-Bokamal city.
3. Al-Haji Kamil, Commander-in-Chief of Iranian-backed militias in Deir Ezzor.
4. Al-Haji Sajjad, Deputy Commander of Iranian proxies in Al-Bokamal city.
5. Al-Haji Hussein, Director of Iranian Cultural Centres in Deir Ezzor.
Moreover, a number of local leaders of Iranian-backed militias in Deir Ezzor attended the mourning ceremony.
According to Syrian Observatory sources, in the mourning ceremonies for Imam Hussein, there was a re-enactment play of the scene of the killing of Imam Hussein,” and the practice of rituals for followers of the Shia’a community such as Lathimiyat and others. This comes under intensive security tightening.