Amid regime bombardment on surrounding areas of Tafas | Local gunmen attack three checkpoints in Daraa countryside
Daraa province: SOHR sources have reported that unidentified gunmen targeted, with medium weapons, a checkpoint of regime-backed 15th division near the bridge of Sayda town in the southern countryside of Daraa. This coincided with a similar attack on a checkpoint near the hospital.
Meanwhile, local gunmen opened machinegun and RPG fire on Al-Ruba’i checkpoint of the Air-force Intelligence at Al-Misifra junction, east of Daraa, but no casualties were reported.
On the other hand, regime Shilka vehicles and anti-aircraft weapons targeted plains to the south of Tafas city in the western countryside of Daraa, amid sporadic clashes with heavy weapons between regime forces and local gunmen.
Since early 2022, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 338, which left 289 people dead; and they are as follows:
- 140 civilians, including four women and five children.
- 124 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
- 14 former fighters who did not joined any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
- An ex-ISIS member.
- Seven unidentified people.
- Three militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th