Al-Hasakah | Turkish drone airstrikes leave seven casualties in countryside
SOHR activists have reported that a Turkish drone executed two airstrikes on a former military position in Sonjak Sa’doun in Amouda countryside northern of Al-Hasakah, leaving four people killed and three others injured.
Accordingly, the number of airstrikes by Turkish drones has risen to ten during August.
From August 3 to August 9, Turkish aircraft waged ten drone attacks, targeting vehicles, outposts, and an outdoors market in Al-Hasakah countryside. These attacks left 16 people: two children, a man and 13 SDF fighters, dead. In addition, at least nine people sustained various injuries.
Accordingly, the number of attacks carried out by Turkish drones on areas controlled by the “Autonomous Administration in northern and north-eastern Syria, AANES” since early 2022 has reached 52. These attacks left five civilians and 47 combatants, including two children and 13 females, dead, while over 83 others sustained various injuries. Here is a monthly distribution of attacks by Turkish drones in 2022:
• January: Three attacks left three people dead and 13 others injured.
• February: Ten attacks killed eight people, including two children and a young female fighter, and injured 21 others.
• March: Two attacks injured two people.
• April: 11 attacks left six people dead, including three women, and 19 others injured.
• May: Four attacks left three people dead, including a woman, and seven others injured.
• June: Three attacks left a combatant dead and five others injured.
• July: Three attacks left a civilian and 13 combatants, including seven women, dead and ten others injured.
• August: Ten attacks left four civilians, including two children, and 13 combatants, including a prominent commander, dead. In addition, nine others were injured.