Rampant security chaos | Civilian found dead after eight months of kidnapping in Daraa countryside
Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that the body of a young man was found in Al-Lajat area of Daraa countryside, following having been kidnapped nearly eight months ago by unidentified persons.
The circumstances of the murder and the identity of the kidnappers remain unknown.
It is worth noting that the dead man is from Al-Kharsa village.
Since early 2022, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 345, which left 293 people dead; and they are as follows:
• 142 civilians, including four women and five children.
• 124 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
• 14 former fighters who did not join any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
• Two ex-ISIS members.
• Seven unidentified people.
• Three militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th Corps.