Security vacuum | IED explodes in residential neighbourhood in Daraa city
Daraa province: SOHR sources have reported that an IED exploded in a car near Al-Sena’a roundabout in Al-Kashif neighbourhood in Daraa city. Ambulances were seen rushing to the site of the explosion. However, the number of casualties has not been reported yet.
Since early 2022, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 351, which left 295 people dead; and they are as follows:
- 143 civilians, including four women and five children.
- 125 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
- 14 former fighters who did not join any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
- Two ex-ISIS member.
- Seven unidentified people.
- Four militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th