Security chaos | IED explosion targets vehicle in eastern Daraa countryside
Daraa province: SOHR activists have monitored an IED explosion planted by unidentified gunmen in a “Pick Up” car in Al-Ghariyah Al-Gharbiyah town in eastern Daraa countryside.
According to reliable SOHR sources, the car belonged to a civilian from Rakhm village, where an armed group kidnapped him and took him car at Al-Kark Al-Sharqy road a few days ago. The civilian is still missing, without any information about him.
This comes in light of the ongoing security chaos in different areas of Syria.
Since early 2022, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 356, which left 297 people dead; and they are as follows:
• 143 civilians, including four women and five children.
• 126 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
• 15 former fighters who did not join any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
• Two ex-ISIS members.
• Seven unidentified people.
• Four militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th Corps.