Daraa countryside | Raid campaign of Military security triggers clashes with local fighters
Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that members of Military Security patrol raided and stormed the house of a civilian in the southern district of Al-Yadouda town in Daraa, sparking clashes between patrol members and local fighters. However, no casualties have been reported so far.
It is worth noting that the owner of the house was a member of a local faction before the regime forces took control of Daraa province in July 2018 and then worked for a local group led by the leader, Moaz Al-Zoubi.
Local young men in El Yadouda have blocked the road, protesting the repeated raid campaigns that recently targeted several homes in Al-Yadoda’s southern district.
Since early 2022, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 366, which left 308 people dead; and they are as follows:
• 148 civilians, including four women and five children.
• 127 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
• 20 former fighters who did not join any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
• Two ex-ISIS members.
• Seven unidentified people.
• Four militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th Corps.