One day after being kidnapped | Residents find body of young man in Al-Suwaydaa
Al-Suwaydaa province: SOHR activists have reported that residents have found the body of a civilian shot dead near Sad Julin in Al-Suwaydaa city within regime-held areas, after one day of being kidnapped by unidentified people. However, the identity and motivation of the perpetrators are still unknown.
This comes in light of the ongoing security chaos in different areas of Syria.
The Syrian Observatory has documented 100 murders in regime-controlled areas since early 2022, where domestic violence and armed robbery were behind some of these murders, while motivations behind the others remained unknown. These murders left 105 civilians: 20 children, 18 women, and 67 men, dead. The fatalities are distributed regionally as follows:
• Al-Suwaydaa: 28 civilians: three children, including an infant, three women, and 22 men.
• Rif Dimashq: 20 civilians: Six children, five women, and nine men including an elderly man.
• Homs: 11 civilians: Two little girls, two women, and seven men.
• Hama: Ten civilians: an infant, three women, and six men.
• Daraa: Nine civilians: four children and five men.
• Aleppo: Seven civilians: an infant and six men.
• Damascus: Four civilians: a woman and three men.
• Tartus: Four civilians: two women and two men.
• Deir Ezzor: Six civilians: Four men, a child, and a woman.
• Al-Raqqah: Two men.
• Lattakia: Three civilians: a woman, a child, and a man.
• Al-Quneitra: A child.