Security chaos | Civilian opens fire on a family killing members of his wife’s family before suiciding
Tartous province: SOHR activists have reported that a young man suicided today after opening fire on his wife’s family, following disputes with them inside their house in Wady Al-Shater neighbourhood, killing the father and the mother of his wife and injuring others.
This comes in light of the security chaos in different areas of Syria.
The Syrian Observatory has documented 101 murders in regime-controlled areas since early 2022, where domestic violence and armed robbery were behind some of these murders, while motivations behind the others remained unknown. These murders left 107 civilians: 20 children, 19 women, and 68 men, dead. The fatalities are distributed regionally as follows:
• Al-Suwaydaa: 28 civilians: three children, including an infant, three women, and 22 men.
• Rif Dimashq: 20 civilians: Six children, five women, and nine men including an elderly man.
• Homs: 11 civilians: Two little girls, two women, and seven men.
• Hama: Ten civilians: an infant, three women, and six men.
• Daraa: Nine civilians: four children and five men.
• Aleppo: Seven civilians: an infant and six men.
• Damascus: Four civilians: a woman and three men.
• Tartus: Six civilians: Three women and three men.
• Deir Ezzor: Six civilians: Four men, a child, and a woman.
• Al-Raqqah: Two men.
• Lattakia: Three civilians: a woman, a child, and a man.
• Al-Quneitra: A child.