Crimes in regime-held areas | Man killed and woman injured in Deir Ezzor province
Deir Ezzor province: SOHR activists have documented the death of a man in his 50s and the injury of a woman, where unidentified gunmen on motorbikes shot them near Al-Zohor café in Al-Qosor neighbourhood in the centre of Deir Ezzor city, which is held by regime forces.
The Syrian Observatory has documented 106 murders in regime-controlled areas since early 2022, where domestic violence and armed robbery were behind some of these murders, while motivations behind the others remained unknown. These murders left 114 civilians: 21 children, 20 women and 73 men, dead. The fatalities are distributed regionally as follows:
• Al-Suwaidaa: 30 civilians: three children, including an infant, three women and 24 men.
• Rif Dimashq: 21 civilians: six children, five women and ten men, including an Iraqi man.
• Homs: 11 civilians: Two little girls, two women and seven men.
• Hama: Ten civilians: an infant, three women and six men.
• Daraa: Ten civilians: four children and six men.
• Aleppo: Seven civilians: an infant and six men.
• Damascus: Four civilians: a woman and three men.
• Tartus: Seven civilians: Three women, three men and a child.
• Deir Ezzor: Six people: five men, a child and a woman.
• Al-Raqqah: Two men.
• Latakia: Four civilians: two women, a child and a man.
• Al-Quneitra: A child.