New murder | Woman stabbed to death in Homs countryside
Homs province: SOHR sources have reported that a woman in her thirties was found dead and dumped near Al-Haythamiyah village on the road between Homs and Tartus. It is worth noting that there were marks of nine stabs from a knife on the body of the woman who was from Samikah village in Talkalakh countryside to the west of Homs city near the Syria-Lebanon border. However, the identities of the murderers and motives behind this incident remain unknown.
The Syrian Observatory has documented 108 murders in regime-controlled areas since early 2022, where domestic violence and armed robbery were behind some of these murders, while motivations behind the others remained unknown. These murders left 116 civilians: 21 children, 21 women and 74 men, dead. The fatalities are distributed regionally as follows:
- Al-Suwaidaa: 30 civilians: three children, including an infant, three women and 24 men.
- Rif Dimashq: 21 civilians: six children, five women and ten men, including an Iraqi man.
- Homs: 13 civilians: Two little girls, three women and eight men.
- Hama: Ten civilians: an infant, three women and six men.
- Daraa: Ten civilians: four children and six men.
- Aleppo: Seven civilians: an infant and six men.
- Damascus: Four civilians: a woman and three men.
- Tartus: Seven civilians: Three women, three men and a child.
- Deir Ezzor: Seven people: Five men, a child and a woman.
- Al-Raqqah: Two men.
- Latakia: Four civilians: two women, a child and a man.
- Al-Quneitra: A child.