Anti-regime attacks | State Security officer’s car hit by IED in northern Daraa countryside
Daraa province: SOHR activists reported that the car of the major of the State Security Branch was hit by an IED explosion on Al-Mujbal road in Mahjah town in northern Daraa countryside.
This attack caused material damage only.
Yesterday, SOHR activists documented the death of a leader of military security of regime forces after being directly shot by unidentified persons in Da’el city in central countryside of Daraa.
According to SOHR activists, the dead man was a former faction member, and after he struck a reconciliation deal with regime, he joined the Military Security ranks.
Since early 2022, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 389, which left 328 people dead; and they are as follows:
• 156 civilians, including four women and five children.
• 136 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
• 21 former fighters who did not join any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
• Four ex-ISIS members.
• Seven unidentified people.
• Four militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th Corps.