Following family disputes | Man kills his sister’s husband in Rif Dimashq
Damascus province: SOHR activists have monitored a new murder within regime-held areas, where a man killed his sister’s husband, who is in his 40s, in “Arna” store in Qatna area in Rif Dimashq, with a gunshot to the back following family disputes between them. Meanwhile, the local authorities arrested the murderer.
This comes in light of the escalation of the crime rate in different areas of Syria.
The Syrian Observatory has documented 109 murders in regime-controlled areas since early 2022, where domestic violence and armed robbery were behind some of these murders, while motivations behind the others remained unknown. These murders left 117 civilians: 21 children, 21 women and 75 men, dead. The fatalities are distributed regionally as follows:
• Al-Suwaidaa: 30 civilians: three children, including an infant, three women and 24 men.
• Rif Dimashq: 21 civilians: six children, five women and 11 men, including an Iraqi man.
• Homs: 13 civilians: Two little girls, three women and eight men.
• Hama: Ten civilians: an infant, three women and six men.
• Daraa: Ten civilians: four children and six men.
• Aleppo: Seven civilians: an infant and six men.
• Damascus: Four civilians: a woman and three men.
• Tartus: Seven civilians: Three women, three men and a child.
• Deir Ezzor: Seven people: Five men, a child and a woman.
• Al-Raqqah: Two men.
• Latakia: Four civilians: two women, a child and a man.
• Al-Quneitra: A child.