111th crime in 2022 | Residents find body of a man over his house’s roof in Deir Ezzor
Deir Ezzor province: SOHR activists have monitored a new crime within regime-held areas, where the body of a man was found killed by several gunshots over the roof of his house in Deir Ezzor city, in a theft operation.
According to reliable SOHR sources, three people sneaked into the house of the victim at night, stole 5,000,000 Syrian Liras and opened fire on the victim, killing him. Meanwhile, the local authorities in Al-Mayadin area arrested the perpetrators.
This comes in light of the increasing crime rate in different areas of Syria.
The Syrian Observatory has documented 111 murders in regime-controlled areas since early 2022, where domestic violence and armed robbery were behind some of these murders, while motivations behind the others remained unknown. These murders left 119 civilians: 21 children, 21 women and 77 men, dead. The fatalities are distributed regionally as follows:
• Al-Suwaidaa: 31 civilians: three children, including an infant, three women and 25 men.
• Rif Dimashq: 21 civilians: six children, five women and 11 men, including an Iraqi man.
• Homs: 13 civilians: Two little girls, three women and eight men.
• Hama: Ten civilians: an infant, three women and six men.
• Daraa: Ten civilians: four children and six men.
• Aleppo: Seven civilians: an infant and six men.
• Damascus: Four civilians: a woman and three men.
• Tartus: Seven civilians: Three women, three men and a child.
• Deir Ezzor: Eight people: Six men, a child and a woman.
• Al-Raqqah: Two men.
• Latakia: Four civilians: two women, a child and a man.
• Al-Quneitra: A child.