Daraa security chaos | Unidentified gunmen shoot a former commander of local faction
Daraa province: SOHR activists have documented the death of a commander of local factions in Daraa, where unidentified gunmen shot him in Tafs city in western Daraa countryside.
According to reliable SOHR sources, the victim was a commander of the “Free Army” factions (Al-Jaish Al-Hor), before the regime took control over the city in 2018, and he hasn’t joined any military side.
Since early 2022, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 422, which left 356 people dead; and they are as follows:
• 168 civilians, including four women and six children.
• 147 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
• 25 former fighters who did not join any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
• Four ex-ISIS member.
• Eight unidentified people.
• Four militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th