Rising tension | Bombardment on residential complex in Afrin leaves casualties and attack targets car carrying medics
Aleppo province: SOHR activists have reported that a civilian was killed and nine others were injured, as several artillery shells hit the residential complex of “Kuwait Al-Rahma” in Sharan district in Afrin countryside.
Meanwhile, an attack targeted a car carrying medics who were heading to the targeted residential complex.
This coincides with the ongoing factional infightings between Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham and “Al-Jabha Al-Shamiyyah” on the outskirts of the complex.
Separately, “Al-Jabha Al-Shamiyyah” unleashed a surprise attack on the frontline of Jabal Liloun in Afrin countryside, attempting to regain control of the strategic posts overlooking Afrin city centre, after having been captured by Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham and Al-Amshat faction.
A few hours ago, reliable SOHR sources reported seeing civilian mass exodus from Kafr Jannah village and a nearby refugee camp. Civilians headed to Azaz city and Sharan district, after the mortar and tank attacks which targeted the village. In addition, fierce clashes continued on the outskirts of Kafr Jannah village between Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham and Turkish-backed factions.
Observatory sources had reported that the living and humanitarian situations of the residents of Afrin deteriorated further in light of the ongoing violent clashes on several frontlines and cut off of roads.
Accordingly, the number of people who have been killed in clashes, indiscriminate gunfire and shrapnel of shells have risen to 25 fighters and civilians, and they are as follows:
-A member of Ahrar Al-Sham Islamic Movement was killed in clashes with Jaysh Al-Islam in the northern countryside of Al-Bab.
-Two members of the military police were killed in clashes between “Al-Jabha Al-Shamiyyah” and Al-Hamza Division on Qabasin road in Al-Bab countryside, north of Aleppo on Thursday.
-Four members of “Al-Jabha Al-Shamiyyah” faction:
- Two militiamen were killed in Kawkabah and on Jendires road in Afrin countryside on Tuesday.
- Two militiamen were killed in Qarzihil village in Afrin countryside, north-west of Aleppo, on Wednesday.
-A fighter of Jaysh Al-Sharqiyyah was killed, on Wednesday, in clashes with “Al-Amshat” Division and Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham in Jendires district in Afrin countryside.
-A fighter of Jaysh Al-Islam was killed, on Wednesday, in clashes with “Al-Amshat” Division and Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham in Maabatli district in Afrin countryside.
-Nine militiamen of Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham were killed in clashes with “Al-Jabha Al-Shamiyyah” in Qarzihil and Kafr Jannah villages in Afrin countryside on Wednesday and Thursday.
- A man was killed in Al-Bab city on Tuesday.
- A woman was killed in Burj Abdalu in rural Afrin on Wednesday.
- A woman was killed in Ain Dara in Afrin countryside on Wednesday.
- A woman was killed in Qarzahil village.
- A woman was killed in Al-Bab city on Thursday.
- A young man was killed in Susyan town in Al-Bab countryside in eastern Aleppo on Thursday.
- A civilian was killed, on Thursday, in artillery fire on the residential complex of “Kuwait Al-Rahma” in Afrin countryside.
The death toll is expected to rise further as the clashes left several persons injured, some seriously, amid unconfirmed reports of more casualties.