Monthly death toll | 137 civilians among 344 people ki-lled in October 2022
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights documented the death of 344 people in October 2022. The fatalities were distributed as follows:
Civilian death toll: 137 persons, including 19 children under the age of 18 and 17 women over the age of 18, and they were as follows:
- Five civilians died under torture in regime prisons.
- Seven civilians, including three children, were killed in explosions of old ordnance.
- 31 civilians were shot dead by unidentified persons.
- 38 civilians, including five children and nine women, were killed in “honour killings”, family and factional rivalries, and indiscriminate gunfire.
- Six civilians, including a woman and three children, were killed in shelling and gunfire by regime forces.
- 11 civilians, including a woman, were killed by ISIS members.
- 19 civilians, including three children, were killed in unknown circumstances.
- 12 civilians, including four children and four women, were killed by rebel and Islamist factions.
- Two civilians were killed by Jihadists.
- Four civilians, including two women, were killed by SDF.
- A civilian was shot dead by Turkish Jandarma.
- A child died of poor health conditions.
Regime forces: 77
ISIS members: 21
Syrian fighters of Islamist factions, rebel factions and other movements and organisations: 37
Syrian members of Popular Committees, the National Defence Forces and regime-backed militias: 6
Syria Democratic Forces (SDF) and affiliated military formations: 12
Iranian-backed non-Syrian militiamen: 4
Iranian-backed Syrian militiamen: 2
Militiamen affiliated to Hezbollah: 6
Kurdish units: 3
Unidentified persons: 2
We, at the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, call on the international community once again to work hard to stop the bloodshed in Syria. The people of Syria have been facing tyranny and oppression in their noble endeavour and cause to obtain justice, democracy, freedom and equality.
The Syrian Observatory renews its commitment to continue monitoring and documenting all the developments on the ground in Syria including, the massacres, violations, war crimes and crimes against humanity committed against the Syrian people, as well as publishing all relevant statistics and causalities of such heinous acts, and hope to help all the ongoing efforts of bringing the perpetrators to special international courts, so that they do not escape justice for the crimes they committed against the people of Syria.