Failed assassination | Drug dealers injured in Al-Sanamyn north of Daraa
Daraa province: Unidentified gunmen targeted, at dawn today, a civilian accused of drug dealing and theft near his home in Al-Sanamayn, north of Daraa, leaving him injured. The man was taken to the hospital for treatment.
It is worth noting that the civilian is one of the most prominent members of an armed group that work in drug dealing in Al-Sanamayn.
This comes in light of the increasing rate of murders and assassinations by unidentified gunmen in light of the ongoing rampant security chaos in Daraa.
Since early 2022, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 468, which left 409 people dead; and they are as follows:
• 188 civilians, including four women and eight children.
• 161 regime military personnel, “collaborators” with security services, and members with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
• 35 former fighters who did not join any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
• 13 ex-ISIS members.
• Eight unidentified people.
• Four militiamen of the Russian-backed 5th Corps.