Daraa clashes in 15 days | Nine IS*IS members ki-lled, bringing dea*th toll to 21, including six civilians
From October 31 until today, Daraa has seen fighting between local factions and military formations, on the one hand, and members accused of “belonging to ISIS” on the other hand.
Clashes have erupted and go on between residential neighbourhoods, leaving civilian deaths in 15 days-fighting, punctuated by a temporary truce, for nearly 48 hours, to ensure the safe departure of the largest number of civilians from the area.
Meanwhile, the clashes renewed at dawn on Saturday, November 5.
The shelling focused and concentrated on three neighbourhoods in Daraa, namely Al-Mohandseen, Tariq Al-Sadd, Al-Hamadin in Daraa.
SOHR activists have documented the death of 21 people since October 31; they are as follows:
• Six civilians, including two children, a media activist and an elderly man.
• Nine ISIS members.
• Five members of local factions, including a commander.
• A member of the 8th Brigade.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) has monitored and traced the full details of Daraa clashes from October 31 to November 13. Further details are as follows:
-November 13: an ISIS member was killed in Daraa, where his body was found in Tariq Al-Sad neighbourhood of Daraa city, after local factions advanced in the neighbourhood. It is believed that an ISIS member carried out a suicide attack as local factions and the 8th Brigade advanced towards Tariq Al-Sad neighbourhood.
-November 13: A young man was shot dead by a sniper while passing by his father on a road in Daraa city’s Tariq Al-Sad neighbourhood.
– November 11: An ISIS member was killed during the advance of local factions and taking over several buildings in Tariq Al-Sad neighbourhood.
-November 10: A member of the local factions of the Central Committees from Tafas city, west of Daraa, was killed in clashes between local factions and ISIS cells in Al-Hamadin district in Daraa Al-Balad.
-November 9: An elderly man was killed, and two other young men were seriously injured, as they tried to pull the elderly man’s body from a street in Al-Hamadin district in Daraa city.
-November 6: SOHR activists documented the deaths of seven people in the ongoing clashes on Saturday, November 5 in Daraa city; they are as follows:
• A media activist.
• Four members accused of belonging to ISIS.
• Two members of local factions and the 8th Brigade.
-November 2: A local faction leader was shot dead in clashes in Tariq Al-Sad neighborhood in Daraa.
– A member of the 8th Brigade was killed while local factions and the 8th Brigade attempted to infiltrate to Al-Mohandseen building in Tariq Al-Sad neighbourhood in Daraa.
– November 1: An ISIS member was killed in clashes between local factions and ISIS cells in Daraa Al-Balad.
– Two children were killed by an indiscriminate fire near a bread bakery in Daraa during sporadic clashes in Al-Hamadin neighbourhood and Tariq Al-Sad neighbourhood in Daraa.
October 31: Two ISIS members were killed in an attack by local factions and the 8th Brigade on buildings where ISIS members were holed up in Tariq Al-Sad neighbourhood in Daraa Al-Balad.
Residents found the body of a civilian dumped near Al-Hamzawy shops in Tariq Al-Sad neighbourhood, while four people, including a young woman, were injured by an explosion and clashes near Al-Mohandseen buildings.