Initial dea*th toll | 12 SDF fighters, affiliated workers and regime soldiers ki*lled in nearly 25 Turkish airstrikes on Aleppo, Al-Raqqh and Al-Hasakah countryside
SOHR activists have documented the death of six regime soldiers and six SDF fighters and affiliated workers were killed in Al-Raqqh and Al-Hasakah countryside in nearly 25 airstrikes by Turkish fighter jets.
The airstrikes can be distributed as follows:
- Several airstrikes targeted the grain silos in Zahr Al-Arab village, nearly 20 kilometres to the west of Al-Darbasiyah, which left two SDF fighters dead and three others injured.
- Four airstrikes targeted villages in the surrounding areas of Al-Malikiyah city (Dayrek) in Al-Hasakah countryside.
- Two airstrikes targeted a post of regime border guards in Um Harmal village in Abu Rasin countryside in western Al-Hasakah, killing four regime soldiers and injuring eight others, including an officer.
- Ten airstrikes targeted Jabal Mashtanour, Al-Hursh Al-Hokomi and the surrounding areas of Alishar village in Ain Al-Arab city (Kobani), killing four SDF fighters.
- Several airstrikes targeted a regime military post in Qaz’ily village in Tel Abyad countryside in northern Al-Raqqah, which left two soldiers dead and three others injured.
- Five airstrikes targeted positions in Al-Balyouniyah, Mar’anaz and Ain Daqnah areas in the northern countryside of Aleppo.
- One airstrike targeted a regime post nearby Tel Rifaat district, amid unconfirmed reports of casualties among regime forces.
SOHR sources have just reported that Turkish fighter jets executed several airstrikes on positions in Mashtanour in Ain Al-Arab countryside (Kobani), along with other airstrikes on Ain Daqnah, Mar’anaz and Menagh in the northern countryside of Aleppo.
On October 4, SOHR sources reported that a Turkish fighter jet executed several airstrikes from Turkish airspace, targeting Al-Baghdiq, Aghbish and Kulteb villages near the frontlines between “Peace Spring” area and areas controlled by SDF in the countryside of Tel Abyad, north of Al-Raqqah, as well as positions in the villages of Qarmug and Duran Tel Sha’ir in the eastern countryside of Ain Al-Arab (Kobani). The Turkish airstrikes left a civilian injured in Qarmug village and caused material damage to civilian properties. This aerial bombardment came after SDF targeted a Turkish military armoured vehicle in that area with a heat-seeking missile.