Family dispute | Son ki-lls his father in Homs countryside
Homs province: A 49-year-old elderly man from Al-Hasakah was killed after being shot dead by his son in Al-Masriyah village in Homs countryside on the Syrian-Lebanese border over family disputes. The killer managed to flee to an unknown destination.
The Syrian Observatory has documented 140 murders in regime-controlled areas since early 2022, where domestic violence and armed robbery were behind some of these murders, while motivations behind the others remained unknown. These murders left 154 civilians: 27 children, 26 women, and 101 young and adult men, dead. The fatalities are distributed regionally as follows:
• Al-Suwaydaa: 33 civilians: four children, including an infant, three women, and 26 men.
• Rif Dimashq: 28 civilians: six children, five women, and 17 men, including an Iraqi man.
• Homs: 21 civilians: two little girls, four women, and 15 men.
• Hama: 15 civilians: an infant, four women, and ten men.
• Daraa: 11 civilians: five children and six men.
• Deir Ezzor: Ten people: six men, a child, and three women.
• Aleppo: Eight civilians: an infant and seven men.
• Tartus: 11 civilians: four women, four men, and three children.
• Damascus: Six civilians: a woman and four men.
• Latakia: Seven civilians: two women, three children, and two men.
• Al-Raqqah: Two men.
• Idlib: A man.
• Al-Quneitra: A child.