Al-Raqqah | Turkish drone strikes positions opposite “Peace Spring” area in eastern Ain Issa
Al-Raqqah province: SOHR sources have reported that a Turkish drone attacked a post near the frontlines between “Peace Spring” areas and SDF-controlled areas, to the east of Ain Issa. However, no further details have been reported yet about the number of casualties and material damage caused by the recent attack.
This coincides with flights by six Russian helicopters over the M4 highway, in the area stretching from Sarin base to areas controlled by the SDF-backed Al-Bab Military Council Forces.
Accordingly, the number of attacks carried out by Turkish drones on areas controlled by the “Autonomous Administration in northern and north-eastern Syria, AANES” since early 2022 has reached 93. These attacks left 12 civilians, including a leader in the Autonomous Administration and seven children, and 81 combatants, including two children and 13 females, dead, while over 123 others sustained various injuries. Here is a monthly distribution of attacks by Turkish drones in 2022:
- January: Three attacks left three people dead and 13 others injured.
- February: Ten attacks killed eight people, including two children and a young female fighter, and injured 21 others.
- March: Two attacks injured two people.
- April: 11 attacks left six people dead, including three women, and 19 others injured.
- May: Four attacks left three people dead, including a woman, and seven others injured.
- June: Three attacks left a combatant dead and five others injured.
- July: Nine attacks left a civilian and 13 combatants, including seven women, dead and ten others injured.
- August: 13 attacks left eight civilians, including six children, and 14 combatants, including a prominent commander, dead. In addition, 13 others were injured.
- September: Four attacks left a leader in the Autonomous Administration and nine combatants dead and seven others injured. Also, a child died of the wounds she sustained in earlier attack on August 18.
- October: Three attacks left three combatants dead and five injured. Also, a commander of the People’s Protection Units (YPG) died of the wounds she sustained in earlier attack on September 26.
- November: 30 attacks left a civilian and 20 combatants dead and 21 others injured.
- December: One attack on Ain Issa countryside.