Regime-held areas | Child di-es after being brutally tortured by grandmother in Hama
Hama province: A child died in Hama, central Syria after being tortured by his grandmother after the death of his father and the absence of his mother for family reasons.
A medical source confirmed that the child died before arriving at Hama national hospital, as a result of being tortured.
The Syrian Observatory has documented 147 murders in regime-controlled areas since early 2022, where domestic violence and armed robbery were behind some of these murders, while motivations behind the others remained unknown. These murders left 161 civilians: 31 children, 27 women, and 103 young and adult men, dead. The fatalities are distributed regionally as follows:
• Al-Suwaydaa: 33 civilians: four children, including an infant, three women, and 26 men.
• Rif Dimashq: 29 civilians: six children, six women, and 17 men, including an Iraqi man.
• Homs: 22 civilians: two little girls, four women, and 16 men.
• Hama: 17 civilians: an infant, two children, four women, and ten men.
• Daraa: 11 civilians: five children and six men.
• Deir Ezzor: Ten people: six men, a child, and three women.
• Aleppo: Eight civilians: an infant and seven men.
• Tartus: 11 civilians: four women, four men, and three children.
• Damascus: Eight civilians: a woman, six men and a child.
• Latakia: Eight civilians: two women, four children, and two men.
• Al-Raqqah: Two men.
• Idlib: A man.
• Al-Quneitra: A child.