Gas leak | Fire breaks out in house in Homs, ki*lling two little girls and injuring their father and brother • The Syrian Observatory For Human Rights
The Syrian Observatory For Human Rights

Gas leak | Fire breaks out in house in Homs, ki*lling two little girls and injuring their father and brother

SOHR activists have documented the death of two little girls and injury of their father and elder brother due to a fire in their house in Homs city this evening. The fire, which broke out near a heater in the living room, was caused by gas leak.

 

Neighbours transported the girls, father and brother to the hospital, but the girls, who were aged seven and 11 years old, had died before they arrived at the hospital because of intense burns they sustained and suffocation because of the thick smoke.

 

The girls’ father and 17-year-old brother remained under medical observation, after they had received first aid.

 

On December 1, SOHR activists reported that a man and his wife died due to severe burns where their house caught fire due to using unsafe heating materials in Sarja town in Jabal Al-Zawiyah in southern Idlib countryside.