Death toll update | Three civilians kil-led including child in Turkish drone attack on car in Al-Raqqa
Al-Raqqa province: SOHR activists have reported that the death toll has raised due to the Turkish drone attack on a car today in Raqas village in western countryside of Tel Abyad district northern of Al-Raqqa, where three civilians were killed including a child, amid information about the death of an unidentified fourth person.
A few hours ago, SOHR activists reported that a child was killed and others were injured severely, where a Turkish drone attacked a civil vehicle, while the car was passing near a military position of SDF in Raqas village in western countryside of Tel Abyad district northern of Al-Raqqa, where the injured people were taken to Al-Raqqa hospital to receive proper medication.
This came in light of the ongoing alarming calm in areas in NE Syria, except for some shells hitting the frontlines between Turkish forces and their proxies on one hand and SDF, its military formations and Kurdish forces on the other hand.
Accordingly, the number of attacks carried out by Turkish drones on areas controlled by the “Autonomous Administration in northern and north-eastern Syria, AANES” since early 2022 has reached 96. These attacks left 15 civilians, including a leader in the Autonomous Administration and eight children, and 83 combatants, including two children and 13 females, dead, while over 125 others sustained various injuries. Here is a monthly distribution of attacks by Turkish drones in 2022:
• January: Three attacks left three people dead and 13 others injured.
• February: Ten attacks killed eight people, including two children and a young female fighter, and injured 21 others.
• March: Two attacks injured two people.
• April: 11 attacks left six people dead, including three women, and 19 others injured.
• May: Four attacks left three people dead, including a woman, and seven others injured.
• June: Three attacks left a combatant dead and five others injured.
• July: Nine attacks left a civilian and 13 combatants, including seven women, dead and ten others injured.
• August: 13 attacks left eight civilians, including six children, and 14 combatants, including a prominent commander, dead. In addition, 13 others were injured.
• September: Four attacks left a leader in the Autonomous Administration and nine combatants dead and seven others injured. Also, a child died of the wounds she sustained in earlier attack on August 18.
• October: Three attacks left three combatants dead and five injured. Also, a commander of the People’s Protection Units (YPG) died of the wounds she sustained in earlier attack on September 26.
• November: 30 attacks left a civilian and 20 combatants dead and 21 others injured.
• December: Four attacks left an SDF commander and his driver killed and two fighters injured, in addition to death of three civilians including a child.