De-escalation zone | Al-Fa*th Al-Mu*bin sniper shot de*ad regime soldier, while regime forces shell several towns in Putin-Erdogan area
A regime soldier was shot dead by a sniper of Al-Fath Al-Mubin factions on Al-Hadadah frontline in Latakia countryside, in “Putin-Erdogan” area.
Meanwhile, regime forces have shelled the towns of Al-Bara, Kansafra, Safuhn, Kafr Oweid, Al-Fatirah and Fulayfel in Jabal Al-Zawiyah in Idlib countryside, leaving no casualties.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) has documented the deaths of 40 regime soldiers, including at least six officers, from early December to Saturday, December 24.
Since early 2022, this death toll from the regime forces is the highest one, as Hayyat Tahrir Al-Sham (HTS) has dramatically escalated their attacks and operations on positions of the regime forces in December 2022, carrying out seven suicide operations and attacks on the positions of the regime forces and repelling more than an infiltration operation on the frontlines and number of sniper attacks by regime forces.
The monthly breakdown of the death toll from regime forces is as follows:
• January: Four soldiers.
• February: Four soldiers.
• March: Nine soldiers.
• April: Five soldiers, including two officers.
• May: 13 soldiers, including an officer, and ten Nubl and Al-Zahraa militiamen.
• June: Four soldiers, including an officer.
• July: No deaths were documented.
• August: Five soldiers.
• September: 20 soldiers.
• October: 18 soldiers, including officers.
• November: 25 soldiers, including ten officers.
• December: 41 soldiers, including six officers.