ISIS attack | Five Iraqi Hezbollah militiamen injured in Homs countryside
Homs province: Five members of the Iraqi Hezbollah militia sustained injuries as unidentified gunmen, believed to be ISIS members, on motocycle attacked them while they were on their way to Al-Qaryatayn city in the south-eastern countryside of Homs.
The injured militiamen were treated at Homs Military Hospital, while the gunmen fled to an unknown destination.
Following the attack, patrols of the Military Intelligence Branch in Al-Qaryatayn combed the site in search of the perpetrators of the attack.
According to SOHR statistics, the number of fatalities in military operations in the Syrian desert since early 2023 has increased to 21; they are as follows:
• One ISIS member was killed in Russian airstrikes on ISIS hideouts in the deserts of Homs, Al-Suwaidaa, Hama, Al-Raqqah, Deir Ezzor and Aleppo.
• 20 members of regime forces and their proxy militias, including 12 Iranian-backed Syrian and non-Syrian militiamen, were killed in 14 operations by ISIS members, including ambushes, armed attacks, and explosions, in west Euphrates region and the deserts of Deir Ezzor, Al-Raqqah, Homs, Al-Suwaidaa, Hama and Aleppo.
• One civilian was killed in attacks by ISIS in the Syrian desert.
The casualties are distributed regionally as follows:
• Homs: Five operations left five combatants, including three Iranian-backed fighters, dead.
• Al-Raqqah: Four operations left four combatants dead.
• Deir Ezzor: Five operations left 11 combatants, including nine Iranian-backed militiamen, and an ISIS member dead.