Landmine explosion | Member of the “National Defence” kil-led in Homs
Homs province: A member of the “National Defence” was killed due to the explosion of a landmine that is likely to be planted by ISIS cells, while he was in headquarters in Jab Al-Jirah desert in eastern Homs countryside.
According to SOHR statistics, the number of fatalities in military operations in the Syrian desert since early 2023 has increased to 22; they are as follows:
• One ISIS member was killed in Russian airstrikes on ISIS hideouts in the deserts of Homs, Al-Suwaidaa, Hama, Al-Raqqah, Deir Ezzor and Aleppo.
• 21 members of regime forces and their proxy militias, including 12 Iranian-backed Syrian and non-Syrian militiamen, were killed in 15 operations by ISIS members, including ambushes, armed attacks, and explosions, in west Euphrates region and the deserts of Deir Ezzor, Al-Raqqah, Homs, Al-Suwaidaa, Hama and Aleppo.
• One civilian was killed in attacks by ISIS in the Syrian desert.
The casualties are distributed regionally as follows:
• Homs: Six operations left six combatants, including three Iranian-backed fighters, dead.
• Al-Raqqah: Four operations left four combatants dead.
• Deir Ezzor: Five operations left 11 combatants, including nine Iranian-backed militiamen, and an ISIS member dead.