I*E*D attack |19 regime soldiers, including colonel, kil*led and injured on Damascus-Daraa highway
Daraa province: A colonel of the regime forces died of injury he sustained in last night’s attack by unidentified gunmen who targeted regime forces’ buses with an IED near Khirbet Ghazalah bridge on Damascus-Daraa highway.
Accordingly, the death toll from regime forces has risen to two; a colonel and a soldier.
This attack has left 17 regime soldiers injured, some seriously. The death toll is believed to rise.
Yesterday, SOHR activists reported that a regime soldier died, affected by the wounds he sustained in an attack by an IED explosion targeting a regime’s overnight bus near the bridge of Khirbat Ghazala town on the highway between Damascus and Daraa.
Moreover, the number of casualties is likely to increase, due to the presence of critical injuries.
Since early 2023, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 46, which left 34 people dead; and they are as follows:
• Eight civilians, including two women.
• 17 regime soldiers, members and collaborators with regime security services.
• Two former fighters who did not join any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
• Four ISIS members.
• Two ex-combatants with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
• One associator of the Lebanese Hezbollah.