Rising security chaos in Al-Suwaidaa | Young man and girl killed while explosions and clashes trigger panic in residential neighbourhoods
Al-Suwaidaa province: A young man was shot dead by unknown gunmen in Samma Al-Bardan village in the southern countryside of Al-Suwaidaa.
Meanwhile, a 17-year-old girl was killed by a gunshot, amid accusations against her family of killing her.
Also, two men on a motorcycle threw a grenade in the vicinity of Al-Khudar residences in Al-Suwaidaa city, but no casualties have been reported.
Moreover, two unknown gunmen traded fire near Al-Onqoud roundabout in Al-Suwaidaa city, triggering panic among the area’s residents.
The Syrian Observatory has documented 44 murders in regime-controlled areas since early 2023, where domestic violence and armed robbery were behind some of these murders, while motivations behind the others remained unknown. These murder crimes left 46 fatalities: 12 women, 29 young and adult men and five children. The fatalities are distributed regionally as follows:
- Rif Dimashq: Seven murder crimes left a woman, six men and a child dead.
- Latakia: Seven murder crimes left three men, four women and a child dead.
- Al-Suwaidaa: Nine murder crimes left a child, six men and two women dead.
- Homs: Four murder crimes left a man, a woman, a young man and a child dead
- Hama: Two murder crimes left two men dead.
- Daraa: Six murder crimes left five men and a woman dead.
- Damascus: Four murder crimes left a woman and three men dead.
- Aleppo: Two murder crimes left a child and a woman dead.
- Deir Ezzor: Two murders crime left two young men dead.
- Al-Hasakah: One murder crime left one woman dead.