Security vacuum | Iraqi young man assa*ssinated in Al-Hasakah city
Al-Hasakah province: SOHR sources have reported that an Iraqi young man was shot dead by unknown gunmen in Al-Names alley in Al-Hasakah city. It is worth noting that the victim had come to Al-Hasakah a short time ago, while the reasons behind the attack and identities of perpetrators remain unknown.
This comes as a part of escalating crime rate throughout Syria.
The Syrian Observatory has documented 48 murders in regime-controlled areas since early 2023, where domestic violence and armed robbery were behind some of these murders, while motivations behind the others remained unknown. These murder crimes left 50 fatalities: 13 women, 32 young and adult men and five children. The fatalities are distributed regionally as follows:
- Rif Dimashq: Eight murder crimes left a woman, seven men and a child dead.
- Latakia: Seven murder crimes left three men, four women and a child dead.
- Al-Suwaidaa: Nine murder crimes left a child, six men and two women dead.
- Homs: Four murder crimes left a man, a woman, a young man and a child dead
- Hama: Two murder crimes left two men dead.
- Daraa: Six murder crimes left five men and a woman dead.
- Damascus: Four murder crimes left a woman and three men dead.
- Aleppo: Three murder crimes left a child and two women dead.
- Deir Ezzor: Two murders crime left two young men dead.
- Al-Hasakah: Two murder crimes left a woman and a man dead.
- Al-Qunaitrah: One murder crime left one young man dead.