Escalation of crime rate | Child kil-led in an abandoned building in regime areas in Damascus
Damascus province: Residents have found the body of a 14 years-old child, killed on the roof an abandoned building in Al-Tadamon neighbourhood in Damascus.
According to reliable SOHR sources, the child was hit on the head with a hard object by a 15 years-old child, due to financial disputes between them, where local authorities arrested the murderer.
The Syrian Observatory has documented 49 murders in regime-controlled areas since early 2023, where domestic violence and armed robbery were behind some of these murders, while motivations behind the others remained unknown. These murder crimes left 51 fatalities: 13 women, 32 young and adult men and six children. The fatalities are distributed regionally as follows:
• Rif Dimashq: Eight murder crimes left a woman, seven men and a child dead.
• Latakia: Seven murder crimes left three men, four women and a child dead.
• Al-Suwaidaa: Nine murder crimes left a child, six men and two women dead.
• Homs: Four murder crimes left a man, a woman, a young man and a child dead
• Hama: Two murder crimes left two men dead.
• Daraa: Six murder crimes left five men and a woman dead.
• Damascus: Five murder crimes left a woman, a child and three men dead.
• Aleppo: Three murder crimes left a child and two women dead.
• Deir Ezzor: Two murders crime left two young men dead.
• Al-Hasakah: Two murder crimes left one woman and a man dead.
• Al-Qunaitrah: One murder crime left one young man dead.