Daraa countryside | Military security service arrests former security member and explodes his house
Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported hearing a loud explosion in Inkhil city in Daraa countryside, as members of the military intelligence branch exploded an IED in the house of a suspect on the outskirts of the city, which caused the collapsing of the house completely.
According to SOHR sources, members of the military intelligence branch lured the suspect to the cultural centre in Inkhil city to arrest him. When the suspect resisted the security forces, they opened fire on him, injuring him seriously, before he was arrested and taken to a regime security centre.
It is worth noting that the suspect had been a member of the military intelligence service, before he gave up working for them for unknown reasons.
Since early 2023, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 88, which left 73 people dead; and they are as follows:
- 22 civilians, including a child, a boy, three women and two men accused of “involving in drug business.”
- 37 regime soldiers, members and collaborators with regime security services.
- Two former fighters who did not join any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
- Five ISIS members.
- Three ex-combatants with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
- Two people working for the Lebanese Hezbollah.
- One “collaborator” with Iranian-backed militias.
- An ex-fighter in the former Jabhat Al-Nusra.