Five attacks in Ramadan | ISIS kills and injures nearly ten SDF members
As ISIS have continued their operations, including surprise attacks on security checkpoints, in SFD-controlled areas since the beginning of Ramadan, SOHR activists have documented five operations by ISIS, which left two SDF fighters dead and five others seriously wounded.
Here are further details on the circumstances of those attacks.
- March 24: Three SDF members were injured by the explosion of an IED planted by unidentified gunmen, who are likely to belong to ISIS, while they were in their car on the road between markada and Al-Shadady near Al-Dashisha village southern of Al-Hasakah.
- March 24: Two SDF members were injured after being targeted with machineguns by unidentified gunmen on a motorbike, who are likely to belong to ISIS, in Hawayej town in western Deir Ezzor countryside, and they were taken to Al-Salam Hospital to receive proper medication. This took place before SDF members sieged Hawayej Boma’asa town in western Deir Ezzor countryside and imposed curfew on the town, amid reports of arresting campaign by SDF after storming the town. Meanwhile, panic spreaded among civilians amid security mobilization.
- March 26: Two gunmen on a motorcycle, believed to be of ISIS cells, shot dead a member of Syrian Democratic Forces at Al-Tammah checkpoint in Deir Ezzor province, before they escaped.
- March 27: Two gunmen, believed to belong to ISIS, on a motorbike attacked Al-Kaziya checkpoint in Hawayej Zaiban village in eastern Deir Ezzor countryside of SDF, where SDF members responded with gunshots before the gunmen fled to an unknown destination.
- March 29: A member of Syrian Democratic Forces from Al-Sa’wa town in Deir Ezzor countryside was shot dead by gunmen, believed to be of ISIS cells, in Abu Khashab town in the northern countryside of Deir Ezzor.